Monday, December 03, 2007

i can't believe i'm typing this. i'm absolutely shellshocked that this would happen again... so soon... in the same sunday school class... to people i know.
please pray for a couple in my class, jon and eva cole. last night their little 7 week old daughter, lucy, passed away in the hospital. i don't exactly know what happened and i don't think she had any ongoing health problems. apparently yesterday she started having trouble breathing, they took her to the hospital, she stopped breathing, and ran to Jesus. that's all i know. i don't know jon and eva very well, but eva was one of rachel's sunday school teachers in her old class and i just saw her and precious lucy at a baby shower saturday morning. lucy was sleeping pretty much the whole time, wearing pink, and eva was carrying her in a brown blanket. this may seem silly, but i've only ever seen lucy a couple times b/c they just started bringing her to church recently and this will be my only clear way to remember her.
i don't have any answers or have any clue what to say... i just wanted to put this put here to get as many people as i could praying for them.

4 comments:

Ronnica said...

I just got the email about this, and I'm shocked too. I didn't know them very well and only saw Lucy once from a distance, but this just makes you stop and pray.

Greg and Adrienne said...

With tears and heavy hearts we are praying that God would bring them great comfort...

Danielle said...

Oh Lord. I can't believe it, Andy. I'm so sad to hear that this has affected another young family. I can't even imagine. I will definitley keep them in my prayers. I wish I had words of wisdom or comfort, but I'm no good when it comes to that. I will lift them up to Jesus though- He is the ultimate comforter

Caleb and Adrienne said...

Andie,

I am so sorry to here this. My co-worker gave birth to her little girl in October and had to bury her 3 days later. We were pregnant together for so long, I had no idea what to say and felt guilty just to be pregnant myself. Please know that this family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Adrienne